The team at echoTechnology is happy to announce that the 64-bit version of Outlook PowerTool Plus for SharePoint 2007 is now available! This FREE download can be found here. For those who have not yet had the opportunity to try out this powerful tool, follow the links below for a quick video demonstration of each feature:
- Move multiple files or line items
- Copy multiple files or line items
- Delete multiple files or line items
- Send links for multiple files or line items by email
- Send attachments for multiple files or line items by email
- Copy links for multiple files or line items, paste into documents or forms
- Check in and Check out multiple files or line items
There are certain capabilities we all take for granted within the Windows environment, such as keyboard shortcuts, context menus accessed by right clicking on objects, and the fact that just about every desktop application integrates with every other desktop application. Within the SharePoint environment, unfortunately, we lose much of this ease of use capability. The key to Outlook PowerTool Plus is the Select Item Checkbox, a hidden feature that is activated automatically, allowing you to quickly and easily grab multiple files and move them across your site collection, or send them as an email attachment to someone who does not have access to your site.
SharePoint natively allows you to do these operations one at a time, but the ability to select a dozen documents or list items at once to move them or to check them out is pretty powerful, and brings the SharePoint user experience closer to the Windows experience. The tool is easy to use -- just select the targeted files, click on a file name to access the context menu, and select your action.